Wednesday, May 9, 2012

11 Going Strong

Gus and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary on May 3. 11 years! I can hardly believe that much time has gone by!! Of coarse, we always do our corny gifts that correspond with the year's traditional gifts. This year is Steel/Jewelry. We had to stretch it. We went to lunch at Winger's because they have 'steel' on the walls. We watched the 'Avengers' because, well I don't know, because it was good! The gift that we gave each other was a 'steel' fire pit for our backyard.

At our reception, we had a dance. Tony was our DJ. One dance that we did was the money dance. Anyone who wanted to dance with us had to pin money onto my veil or Gus' jacket. My dad pinned a $50 bill to my veil! It was a fun way to earn some money for our honeymoon!

Here we are today:

Well, last fall at least. Four kids and 11 years later, I love him more now than I did then. I am so grateful for all that he does for our family. I love you Gus!! Happy Anniversary!

0 comments: